Thursday, April 20, 2017

Mid-April - Nick

4/14/2017
Yesterday we went to Bombay Hook National Park. We did some education on the way, mostly math. When we got to Bombay Hook, Mom told us that it is a bird viewing place. We drove to a trail through the woods. At the end there was a lookout tower. I saw an eagle through our binoculars. I also saw some type of swan. We also met some people who brought their dogs with them and they were training their dogs to hunt by having them sniff out turtles. They would put the turtles right back. Then we went on some more trails and saw some more cool birds. On the way back home, we did some more education. When we got home Andi and I rode our bikes around for a little while. Then we played Monopoly. I came in 1st, Andi 2nd, Dad 3rd, and Mom 4th. We also had ice cream.

4/15/17
Yesterday we woke up and had breakfast. Then we started to pack up the camper. I got to help dad by going on the roof and brushing off the leaves on the slides. Then we drove back to D.C. so mom could fly home. We stopped on some stores to get groceries. I also got some new shorts. Then we got back in and did some homeschool. Then when we got to the airport we said bye to mom. Then we got to a campsite in D.C. While dad set up the RV, Andi and I played at the playground. Then we had ramen noodles for dinner. Finally we had some ice cream.

4/16/17
Yesterday we went and played at a giant playground we found in the morning. We played there for about two hours. Then we found a geocache near there. It was deep in the woods. It was super hard to find and right when we were about to give up I found it under a log. Then we started the 3 and a half hour long drive to Assateague Island Campground. This campground was really cool because there were wild horses roaming around the campsite. There was poop all over. After we pulled into our campsite Andi and I rode our bikes around for a while. Then for dinner we had hot dogs over the fire because we had no electricity. Then we had s’mores after hot dogs.
Wild horses at Assateague Park

4/18/17
Two days ago we woke up at Assateague Campground. Then we drove to the beach. We parked our camper in the parking lot and then we went swimming for a couple hours. The water was super cold. Then we drove to the Francis Scott Key Hotel. It was only a 20 minute drive. We are staying in a hotel for 3 nights because my mom thought we needed a break. She chose this hotel because it had a really cool pool. We are in the North Carolina building in room 2424. After we got to the hotel we went swimming in the pool. I met some people that were really nice and I played catch with them. Then we went back to the hotel room and had these things called Nuke-a- meals. You pick out different types of food that come in a container, then you throw them in the microwave and they’re ready to eat. I had Salisbury steak and pizza. Yesterday we had breakfast at Dunkin Donuts. Donuts are my favorite food in the world. I got chocolate frosted with sprinkles and Andi got the same. Then we went back to the beach and flew our kites my Aunt Lisa gave us. Mine is double stringed and you can do really cool tricks with it. I was getting really good. A couple times I made it dive down, scrape the ground, and then I pulled it up at the last second. Then, when we were done flying kites we went swimming in the Atlantic again. It was even colder than the last time. Then we came back to the hotel and went swimming. I saw the same guys I played catch with and this time we played football. Then we ordered a pizza from the snack bar using our gift card. The pizza was really good. Then we went to the front office at 8:00 because Moana was playing there. We watched Moana. We also got free popcorn.

Today we ate breakfast at TC’s Diner. I got chocolate chip pancakes. They were delicious. Then we came back to the hotel and folded laundry. Then we went mini golfing. We played two rounds but dad only did one round. After the first round he wasn’t feeling very good. My favorite hole was one where you had to hit the ball really hard through a cannon. Then we went swimming. I met someone named Aiden. I played catch with him. Then we had dinner at Carrabas. I split a pizza with Andi. It was pretty good. Then we got ice cream at Dumsers Dairy. I got an Oreo malt. It was the best malt I have ever had in my life.

4/20/17

Yesterday we had breakfast at Dunkin Donuts. We got chocolate frosted donuts with sprinkles. Then we went back to the hotel room and played our Wii for a little while. Then we started our 3 and a half hour drive to pick mom up from the airport. We stopped at a Walmart on the way and dad got some stuff for his car. Then we drove to our next campsite, Louise Cosca. We have been here before. Then we figured out that mom’s flight got delayed by an hour. We played some more Wii to pass the time. When mom did get home, she brought a bunch of stuff with her. She brought me and Andi some more books to read. She also brought us some Easter baskets from my Nana and Granddad. I got twenty bucks, and a little toy.

2 comments:

  1. Nick,
    Have you ever made doughnuts? Since you love them, we'll need to make them sometime. Your great grandma made them often. Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never made doughnuts but I really want to. I would love to make them with you sometime. What kind of doughnuts did my great grandma make?
    Love Nick

    ReplyDelete