Saturday, October 21, 2017

More Utah - Andi

Bryce Canyon



Oct. 7, 2017
Bryce Canyon
Yesterday we walked in the hoodoos. We did a steep incline down. It changed suddenly. It changed from no plants at all to nothing but trees. It did that over and over again. The trail had views of the other side, funny hoodoos, cool hoodoos and different colors in the rock. We went right down into the canyon. We even touched a hoodoo. Some hoodoos looked like they shouldn’t have been standing. Then we very gradually started going up. We walked to the rim, but it was covered in trees so we couldn’t see over. Then we went home, had dinner, and watched a movie.



Slot Canyon in Willis Creek


Oct. 8, 2017
Yesterday we went on a hike in Willis Creek. We played “who can keep their feet the driest?” I got 2nd place, Dad got 3rd place, and nick and Mom tied in 1st place. We saw a waterfall that looked like a waterslide that was when I lost. Nick and I put our muddy handprints on the wall. I kept making ice cream cones out of rocks for the cone, mud for the ice cream, broken twigs for the sprinkles and tiny rocks for cherries. Then we went home for lunch. Then we moved to a new campsite. Nick and I played. Then we had dinner and I cross stitched.






Goblin State Park




Oct. 9, 2017
Yesterday we drove to Goblin Canyon. We saw, climbed, and went through really weird hoodoos. We climbed a couple of gnarly hoodoos. On some hoodoos, the top looked like a saddle. Then we went to Zak’s for the Packer game. Then we went home and played clue. Nick won for his first time.




Oct. 10, 2017
Yesterday we had a lazy day. I cross stitched, Nick and Dad worked on a bike motor, and worked and helped me. We ran out to the store and bought stuff. Then we came home and kept doing what we were doing.

Arches National Psrk

Oct. 11, 2017
Yesterday we had breakfast. We went to Arches National Park and Preserve. We went on a loop that looked over a valley. I fell into a pothole and got my foot wet. We ate lunch at an arch we thought was private arch but it wasn’t. Then we went climbing on a flat cliff. It was fun and absolutely terrifying. Then we saw the real private Arch but it wasn’t private at all. It was swarming with people. Then we saw Dark Angel. It was not an arch, but it was disappointing. Then we saw Landscape Arch, which is the main arch. Then we went home.

All of us at Arches National Park
Today we went to Canyonlands National Park. We went on a hike and looked over the valley. We saw a couple roads and cars in the valley. We saw the needles in the distance. We saw the mazes in the distance. Then we went on a hike called Whale’s Back. We saw more of the valley and cliff faces. We went on the White Domes hike and saw white rock in the middle of the red rock. Then we came home and went to bed.

Oct.13, 2017
Hibachi for birthday dinner
Yesterday was my birthday! We had omelets, hasbrowns, sausage, bacon, and toast for breakfast. Then I took a shower. Nick gave me a card and a weaving kit. Then we started driving and stopped for lunch. We had hot dogs. Then we kept driving and did laundry. By then I turned 8 years old. Then we had hibachi at a restaurant. It was a great birthday. I shared ice cream with Nick.

Oct. 14, 2017
Yesterday Dad fixed the generator while Mom, Nick, and I played at home. We had lunch, stayed home alone, and played our tablets. Then we dropped Mom off at the airport. Then we watched a movie and went to bed.

Oct. 15, 2017
Yesterday I played my tablet while Nick and Dad worked on the bike motor. Then I tried to go on my Boolean Girl computer but I didn’t know the new password. Then we had pizza and a movie.

Oct. 16, 2017
Yesterday we played in the morning. Then we went to BW3 to watch the Packers game. Then we went home, collected firewood, and had a fire.

Oct. 17, 2017
Yesterday Nick and I climbed on a big 880 foot high rock pile. Then we did some errands. Our 5 gallon plastic water jug broke. Then I played solitaire for a while and Nick and Dad worked on the bike motor. Then we played Wii.

Oct. 18, 2017
Yesterday we drove. The drive was pretty. We were driving to Reno, Nevada. We didn’t get to Reno, but we got close. We stopped to eat and sleep. We played Wii.

Oct. 19, 2017
Yesterday we cleaned. Then we went to the Reno Automobile Museum. They had a NASA space program for kids. It had simulators and games about space. There were also lots of old and really old cars. I got bored quick and went to the simulators again. Then right when we were leaving we found a Gerarri. A Gerrari is a Jeep with a Ferrari engine. Then we came home, had pizza, and played Wii.

Oct. 20, 2017
Yesterday we picked Mom up. Then we came home. We rode bikes and had lunch. Then we tried to work on my Boolean Girl but it wasn’t working. Then I played my tablet. We had dinner, read Harry Potter, and went to bed.

Oct. 21, 2017 
Yesterday we drove all day. We hit a deer. Dad was upset the rest of the day. We parked and went to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great birthday! I love reading about all of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a great birthday! Thanks for reading my blog. Love Andi

      Delete