Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Washington DC - second week - Andi

Children's room in the
Library of Congress
Mar. 8, 2017
Yesterday I went to the Library of Congress. I went to the kids’s room and did a puppet show. I also colored a coloring page. It was from a Nightmare Before Christmas.

Mar. 9, 2017
I didn’t finish yesterday. Then I did another puppet show. After that we went to Hamilton’s. that’s our Nana and Granddad’s last name. We bought pretzels for Dqqki. Then we got a tour of the Capitol Building. There were 103 or more statues. We saw the Senate and House. It wasn’t very fun. It was because three people were talking at different times and nobody was listening. The person in charge of the Senate was doodling around on his phone. The pages were talking to each other. Pages are people who run and get things or people or anything that needs to be put away. That’s what pages are. People were also typing on their computers. Also some were writing. The only people that were listening were transcriptionists. They are people who type what the people are saying so they have to listen. Then we went to the House of Representatives. There was one person in it. Then we went to the Supreme Court.

Hanging at the pool with Nana
Yesterday, I went to the Air and Space Museum. First I tried to go to a simulator except we would have to pay $8 each. Then we went to the war jets. They had markings of a target on their wings. I don’t know why they would. Then we went to the children’s exhibit and did a paper airplane contest. Nick won! I didn’t get my airplane in the hoop once! Then we walked to whole mall. That’s 3.2 miles! We saw the Lincoln Memorial. Then we saw the World War II and Korean Memorial. Then we saw the real Constitution and the real Bill of Rights. Then we walked the mall again at night.

Today I went to the Pentagon. That’s the 5 branches of the Armed Services. Including the Marine Corps. The Capitol could fit one time in all 5 of the sides and one in the middle. Also two white houses could fit in the gym. Then we went to the American Indian Museum. They had treaties made out of beads called wampum belts. Then we went to Red Lobster.

Mar. 10, 2017
Today I woke up early. We had to so we could make the White House Tour. In the tour we saw the Green Room, Red Room, Blue Room and East Room. We also saw the State Dining Room and where the president and his family sat. Then we went out the North Entry. After that we went to the American History Museum. We went to the Spark Lab. I made a sculpture of a ride. Then I went to Imagination Land. I made my own icon. I also made a spring out of wire. I didn’t find the rest of the museum very fun.
Hanging for 60 seconds...ten times!

Mar. 11, 2017
Today I went to the International Spy Museum. It was awesome. I cracked a secret code. It was ‘6527’. I also became the museum champion of Hang Town. Hang Town is where there are 7 buttons and you push the highest button you can reach without jumping or tippy toes. I could press the second button and they were pretty high. There was a bar that came down and a green button that would light up and you jump on. It would go up and you would try to stay on for a minute. I stayed on for a minute ten times. But I also had to stay in line ten times. Then we had lunch. A little while later we went to Outback for dinner. Then we had ice cream.







Mar. 12, 2017
Today I woke up and played my tablet. Then I went to the Udvar-Hazy center. You might be thinking of a small building, but it was so big it could fit the Discovery and 169 more airplanes. I went to a paper airplane contest and I won! I got a turquoise and gold medal. I went to the restoration hangar. That's where they get planes, fix them up, and put them on display. After that I went to the Discovery simulator. It's where you have to try to land the Discovery. I was the pilot and the co-pilot at two different times. Then to cap it off, I went on a plane where you actually got to go in and push buttons and drive the plane. Yippy! Then we had dinner and maybe we'll swim. One more thing. I saw the concord. It had a slanted tip. It slanted down.

Mar 14 2017
Two days ago we dropped Nana and Granddad off at the airport. Then we went back to the camper and did laundry while daddy talked to the mean camp rangers. We had lunch and did more laundry. Then we had dinner and watched Trolls. A little more about two days ago we moved campsites.
Megalodon jaw

Yesterday we decided to have a down day. We stayed home and did math and played our tablets. We watched Thor. Then had dinner and after that we watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. It had lots of songs.

Mar 15 2017

Today we didn’t have a down day.  Then we had lunch with David (Mommy’s friend) at Chinese. After that we went to that Natural History Museum. We saw Ocean Hall. In it we saw a megalodon’s jaw. I don’t know where they find them. Do you know? We saw how whales evolved. We saw the cockatoo squid. Also we saw the oar fish. It can get up to 37 feet long. Then we went home and ate dinner.

1 comment: