Thursday, March 23, 2017

Washington DC - third week - Nick

3/16/17
Today we woke up early and ate breakfast. Then we went on the metro. We met my Uncle Ryan and his friend, Chelsea at a metro stop called Capitol South. Then we went on a tour of the Library of Congress. The coolest thing I saw was a painting of a woman and no matter where you looked at the painting from, the girl’s toes were facing you. Then we went to We The Pizza. I got pepperoni pizza. It was delicious. Then we went to the Supreme Court. We just sat down in one room and the tour guide told us about it and then the tour was over. I did not find it interesting. After the Supreme Court, we went to the Capitol Building again. We saw the same stuff on the tour as last time. After the Capitol tour we ate dinner at Carmines.


Eating corned beef with Uncle Ryan
3/17/17
Today we went to the Hirshhorn Museum to see the Infinity Mirrors with my Uncle Ryan and his friend Chelsea. We waited in line for an hour and a half to get a ticket and we ended up not getting a ticket. After we waited in line we went to see the National Archives again. Then we went to Hamilton’s for lunch. I got corned beef, but it wasn’t as good as Mrs. Julie’s. After lunch we walked around the whole mall again and saw the Lincoln Memorial and the Korean War Memorial. After we walked the mall, it was time to go home. I said bye to Uncle Ryan and Chelsea who went back to the hotel and I said bye to my Mom who was going to the airport. It is time for her to go home for 4 days. Dad, Andi, and I went back to the camper, ate dinner, and had ice cream.



3/18/17
Today we met Uncle Ryan and Chelsea at a stop on the metro called Gallery Place. After we met up with them we went to the zoo. We saw Pandas and Red Pandas. We saw Prairie Dogs and Big Cats. The tiger as walking on the edge of the water and almost fell in. there were a bunch of lions that were all staring at something but I don’t know what. My favorite thing I saw was an orangutan that was on the suspension wire. Those are wires that run all the way around the zoo that are like 50 feet in the air. After the zoo, Chelsea and I talked my Dad into letting everyone get slushies at 7-Eleven. I got a mix of banana and cherry. After we got slushies, we got lunch at Ophelia’s Fish House. I got clam soup. After dinner we went to the Metro Station. It was Uncle Ryan and Chelsea’s last day so we said good bye. I was really sad to see them go, but I look forward to having more visitors.


3/19/17
Today, we ate cereal for breakfast. It was really rainy and crummy out so we decided to stay at the camper for most of the day. After we ate breakfast, we watched a movie. Then we went shopping at Target and got Kleenex and pizza. When we got back it was 2:00 so we skipped lunch and just had some snacks instead. Andi and I also played a game called Cover You’re A$$ets. Then we ate pizza for dinner. We had ice cream for dessert. Then we watched a movie called The Natural. It was really good.


3/21/17
Yesterday we went to the Museum of Natural history. The first thing we did there was go to an I-Max video that was about dinosaurs. My favorite part of the video was about an early reptile they discovered. It looked like a dinosaur but it was actually related to alligators. The only thing that made it not be a dinosaur was the ankle bone. It was the same ankle bone of crocodiles and alligators. After the video, we went to lots of exhibits. The dinosaur exhibit was small but it was very cool. There was a T Rex skeleton. It was ginormous. Scientists think it could not run any faster than 10 mph because it would take it 3 tons of leg muscle to go faster than 10 mph. I also read that some dinosaurs are still alive. Modern birds are still dinosaurs but they have just evolved. So birds are dinosaurs. After that we went back to the camper and did some math for school work. Then we had dinner and watched Man of Steel.


3/22/17
Yesterday we had eggs for breakfast. Then we did math for a while. After that we biked a mile and a half to a playground that wasn’t very cool. We only stayed for about half an hour. Next we went to the John F Kennedy Center and had a tour. We did not like the tour very much and my knee was hurting really bad so we left in the middle of the tour. We took a shuttle bus back to the Metro and then took the Metro back to our campsite. Then we had pizza for dinner and watched 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.


3/23/17
Yesterday we had cereal for breakfast. Then we went to pick mom up from the airport. Next when went home, Andi and I saw a kid playing outside. We went over and played 500 with him! His name was Sean. Then we did math for a while. After that we did laundry at a laundry mat. There were a bunch of arcade games in the laundry mat. I checked the coin return on all of them. Someone had played every arcade game and forgotten his change on every one. I got six quarters in all. Andi and I each got to play one racing game. Andi and I kept looking for change. She found 11 more cents. I found $1.73. then we went home and had fish for dinner. Then Andi and I played for a little while.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you did lots of fun stuff in D.C! I never knew those things about the T Rex. It also seems like you rode the metro a lot. Were you able to the do the navigating and figure out where you had to get on and off? I hope your knee is feeling better. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aunt Lisa!
    I can't wait to see you in June! I did do some of the navigating, and my knee is feeling better.

    Love Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see you in June too! ❤

    ReplyDelete