Friday, February 3, 2017

Shark teeth

2/2/17   15 day of Great Adventure

Yesterday we left our Loughman Lake Campsite and we drove to an old Spanish mill that had a restaurant for breakfast. What was really cool about this restaurant was that you got to cook your own food. There was a griddle built right into the middle of the table. I got chocolate chip pancakes and so did mom. Dad got cinnamon apple pancakes and Andi got French toast. We got to cook all of our food right on the griddle. The food was really good. There was also a spring at the Spanish mill. In the middle it was 30 feet deep and there was an underwater cave. It was really cool.  After the mill we got back in the car and drove to our new campsite at Fort Clinch State Park. After we got to our campsite we went to the beach to find shark teeth. None of us found any.
great white shark tooth
in Andi's hand

Today we ran on the beach for a while. Mom and Andi ran 1.12 miles and then turned back. Dad and I ran 1.44 miles. After that we got passport pictures at a Fed Ex store but they were no good so we got them retaken at the library. We also turned in the passport applications. While we were doing that, dad got the propane tanks filled. Then we went back to our campsite and went back to the beach to look for shark teeth. I found 3, but I dropped one. I was really sad and mad. Dad found 5 shark teeth. One of them was a great white tooth. It was really big. Then we went back to the campsite and called the deSnoos and played cover your assets.
 
All of our shark teeth - the largest is a great white shark
 2/3/17

Today I woke up early by accident and mom happened to be up and she was about to go running so I decided to run with her. We ended up running 1.45 miles. We ran on the beach right next to the water. After we got back from our run we ran with Dad and Andi. Mom and Andi turned back early, and Dad and I kept going a little longer. After we all got back to camp we packed up and went to our new campsite. We stopped at a few stores and got stuff for the camper. After about 2 hours, we got to our new campsite. We got camp set up, ate dinner and then played Clue together.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Nick,

    Sorry you dropped one of the shark tooth but it looks like you have a nice collection. Pretty cool!
    Cooking your own breakfast sounds awesome. I'm not surprised that you chose chocolate chip pancakes. It makes me hungry!!
    See you soon. Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nana, it was a nice collection of shark teeth. The Great White tooth was the best of them all.
    Miss you. Love Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shark teeth are SO COOL! They're white when they fall out, so do you know why they're all black now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Uncle Dan,
      We were talking to someone that worked at the campsite and he said that most of the teeth are really old so they're getting fossilized which makes them turn black. He said not a whole lot of new ones get washed up.
      Miss you and love you, Nick

      Delete
  4. Hmm. I show up as "Unknown." I'll have to figure out what I did wrong. This is Uncle Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nick,

    Everyone else is commenting on the shark teeth, but they're still the coolest thing so far. I like that you're getting plenty of exercise. Kudos that you ran twice in a row in one morning! I really look forward to your postings.

    Love,
    Grandma Lau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my post. The shark teeth were really fun to find. I was really tired after I ran twice in the morning. In all I ran about 3 miles.
      Miss you
      Love Nick

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, this is Kayleigh, when is your next post going to be? I'm waiting.
    Love you,miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My next post is going to be today or tomorrow night.
      Miss you
      Love Nick

      Delete
  8. My teeth are bigger and sharper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no, no! All wrong. Mine are bigger and sharper.
      Love Nick

      Delete