Monday, February 20, 2017

Skidaway and more about the fort

Feb. 17, 2017

Two days ago I woke up and it was raining (outside it was a big sloppy mess) outside so we didn’t go running that day. Then we went to the library. Nick and I played Monopoly (Nick won). Then Nick and I went to the playground and played for a while. Then daddy read Harry Potter to me. Then we went to pick mommy up from the airport. We went to chick-fil-a for dinner (with mommy to celebrate).

Yesterday I hiked up Stone Mountain. Then we packed up (when we were packing we talked to a nice man about where we were going) the campsite to leave to Skidaway (that’s the campsite we’re going to). Then we hit the road. In the car we did education. Then we stopped at Whistle Stop Café to eat fried green tomatoes. Then we went to a Walmart to stay.

Today I arrived at Skidaway. Then Nick and I checked out 3 different playgrounds. Then we went on a trolley tour. We learned a lot about Savannah history. Then we stopped and ate lunch. Luckily there was a playground that Nick and I could let our energy out. Then we got back on a trolley. We passed the river and saw the Waving Girl (it’s a statue). Then we checked out the visitor center. We went home and watched Trolls with popcorn.


Feb. 19, 2017

Being shot off a small cannon
Yesterday we went running. Then Nick and Daddy went to a lost prevention thing. I don’t know anything about it cause I didn’t go. Then we went to Fort Pulaski. We got a tour guide and learned there was a fire in one part of the fort. Also we learned that the board (there was a big board using the wall as a stander) was protection. Then we went up the spiral staircase and read some signs. Then we became Junior Rangers. We also got a pack of trading cards. (I got one more than Nick). We went home and had dinner then played two games of Skipbo and had ice cream. I am going to tell you a bit more about how the fort is related to the Civil War. The Union soldiers attacked one side of the fort. People in the fort surrendered because they saw the other side had gun powder in it and it would blow up the whole fort.


Feb. 20, 2017

Yesterday I did school work in the morning. Then we rested or relaxed for a while.  Then we played with our new friends (Jacob and Mikah). Then we had smores.


Today I slept until 9:15 am. Then I had cereal. I went on a bike ride with the boys after that. Then I played Frisbee with them. Then their cousin came over and I taught them how to play woodchip. Here’s how: somebody counts to seven and then when he or she thinks they hear someone on the woodchips they call “woodchip”. Then I went back and had lunch with them. Then Dad put my hammock up and I rested there for a while. I let my friends try it too. Then I did school work for a while. Then I had hotdogs over the fire.

Andi sleeping in her hammock



4 comments:

  1. I like all the information you gave about Fort Pulaski. You certainly are learning a lot. I'm also glad to hear that you're doing school work. Your education is so important, Andi. What you learn can never be taken away from you. I know you enjoyed meeting some new friends. Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nana, I am learning a lot. Fort Pulaski was really cool. What I learned never can be taken away from me. Love you too! Andi

      Delete
  2. Hi Andi,
    Did you like the fried green tomatoes? I made them once and found them quite tasteless - must have done something wrong. Tell me more about the signs you read. Were they written by the fort personnel or by the people of the day? Were they just informational to tell you about what you were looking at? Love, Grandma Lau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grandma! I hated the fried green tomatoes. I found them quite tasteless also. The signs were informational about what you were looking at. Love, Andi

      Delete